Car Club Entries: Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade Waivers, Releases, and Regulations
Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade
Waivers, Releases, and Regulations
By submitting an electronic entry to participate in The Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade, you agree to the following:
The Parade Committee and all other person and entities involved in facilitating the Veterans Day Parade (“Parade”) will operate WITHOUT insurance coverage for individuals who participate in, or attend, the Parade. By signing this agreement Undersigned agrees to release the Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade Committee, the Veterans Action Group, the City of Las Vegas, Clark County NV, and their volunteers and agents, from any responsibility for personal injury of any kind which may occur during the parade activities. The Undersigned also agrees to waive any and all right the Undersigned, or the organization they represent, may have against the Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade Committee, the Veterans Action Group, the City of Las Vegas and Clark County NV, or their legal representatives.
EMERGENCY RELEASE AND WAIVER
The Undersigned accepts responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury to any person or property which may occur in connections with their Parade participation/attendance, and hold harmless the Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade Committee, the Veterans Action Group, the City of Las Vegas, Clark County NV, and all other parties involved in facilitating Parade activities (including employees, volunteers, and agents). The Undersigned also understands that the Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade Committee, the Veterans Action Group, the City of Las Vegas, and Clark County NV provides NO medical insurance coverage for the Parade participation/attendance.
The Undersigned permits the Parade Committee and/or its agents to photograph and/or record participating/attending the parade. The Undersigned agrees to the Parade Committee’s use of these photos for future marketing or publicity.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) No campaigning. Candidates for office/officeholders may display their names only. No signage, banners, or clothing of a political nature are allowed. EXAMPLES: No re-elect/Vote for, etc. VIOLATION of these rules will result in denial of participation, removal from the Parade and/or denial of subsequent entry in future Parades. Exceptions: current political officers may display their name and current held office “supports Veterans.”
2) As per the City of Las Vegas ordinance, Parade participants MAY NOT throw or hand out anything along the Parade route (candy, literature, handbills, promotional items, etc.) or in any staging area under the control of the Parade. Participants shall not accost or harass Parade spectators. Failure to cease such activities when advised by Parade Staff, or failure to abide by these rules may result in removal from the Parade and/or denial of subsequent entry in future Parades.
3) Static performances are allowed ONLY in front of the reviewing stand (4th and Ogden). Adherence to this rule will be strictly enforced.
4) Motor vehicle insurance is a requirement along with the current operators license to drive in the Parade. All motor vehicles must carry proof of insurance. Windows, mirrors, and lights must be visible on vehicles at all times.
5) The sales, service and preparation of ANY food is prohibited near or along the Parade route, including the staging areas. Participants found selling, serving, and preparing food in these prohibited areas will not be permitted to continue participating in the Parade.
6) The use of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs is prohibited in the Parade. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden in public areas of any float or on the person of any participant. Participants suspected to have consumed alcohol prior to the start will not be permitted to participate in the Parade, and any persons consuming alcohol during the Parade will be removed from Parade participation.
7) No livestock unit will be accepted without a dedicated clean-up unit, consisting of at least one (1) attendant. The Parade Committee reserves the right to bar from the Parade any animal or rider deemed unsafe to other riders or spectators. All animals must be under control at all times.
8) The Parade Committee has full and final discretion on a person’s or group’s entrance into the Parade, including the discretion to admit a person or group based on their content, signage, attire, and/or behavior. The Parade Committee also reserves the right to eject an entrant from the Parade for failing to adhere to Parade rules.
9) The Parade Committee reserves the right to bar and/or remove groups that
a.) misrepresents information on their entry or registration forms, or
b.) alters information on their entry form in a way that is significantly different from the registration application that was approved by the Parade Committee.
10) Entries must be approved by the Parade Committee before entering the line of march. The Parade Committee and the Parade Marshals reserve the right to remove from the Parade, either prior to assembly, at assembly, or any time during the Parade, any entry that has not been approved by the Parade Committee.
11) Entries may display a wide variety of designs but should remember that the purpose of the Parade is to celebrate and honor the Military and promote National Pride. The Parade Committee reserves the right to refuse entry to any applicant group that is felt to not represent the best interests or consideration of the Veterans of Southern Nevada.
12) Floats must meet ALL safety requirements of the Parade and be inspected by Parade Staff prior to the Parade. Persons appearing on the float shall wear appropriate attire and suitable costume or clothing in keeping with the theme of the entry or as weather allows. Float drivers, if visible, will also be required to dress appropriately.
The Undersigned acknowledges that they have read, understand, and accept the Parade Rules and Regulations and have the authority to bind the organization or group. The Undersigned also agrees to accept as final, the decisions of the Parade Committee and Judges made for or against the Undersigned’s organization, and any persons associated with the Undersigned’s organization that participates in the Parade.
The Undersigned acknowledges that they have read the Parade Registration application, and on behalf of Undersigned, the Undersigned’s organization, and all Parade participants, agree to all terms and conditions contained therein.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Car Club Entries: Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade Waivers, Releases, and Regulations
Agree & Sign